cross-posted from: https://programming.dev/post/314158
The bot I announced in this thread is now ready for a limited beta release.
You can see an example summary it wrote here.
How to Use AutoTLDR
- Just mention it (“@” + “AutoTLDR”) in a comment or post, and it will generate a summary for you.
- If mentioned in a comment, it will try to summarize the parent comment, but if there is no parent comment, it will summarize the post itself.
- If the parent comment contains a link, or if the post is a link post, it will summarize the content at that link.
- If there is no link, it will summarize the text of the comment or post itself.
- 🔒 If you include the #nobot hashtag in your profile, it will not summarize anything posted by you.
- The bot only works in the [email protected] community.
- It is limited to 100 summaries per day.
How to try it
- If you want to test the bot, write a long comment, or include a link in a comment in this thread, and then, in a reply comment, mention the bot.
- Feel free to test it and try to break it in this thread. Please report any weird behavior you encounter in a PM to me (NOT the bot).
- You can also use it for its designated purpose anywhere in the AUAI community.